Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
So simple! This one-pot meal was actually created by my big brother. Chili powder or Cajun spice blend may be substituted for the oregano. I usually add prepared spaghetti sauce in place of the tomato sauce for more flavor. Any pasta may be used in place of spaghetti. The Cheddar cheese adds a really rich texture and flavor to the final dish.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 15 ounces tomato sauce or 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 3 1⁄2 cups water or 3 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 8 ounces spaghetti, uncooked (I like it broken in half)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- Cook the beef, onion and garlic in a large saucepan until the meat is browned.
- Stir in the seasonings, sauce and water.
- Bring to a boil, add the spaghetti, cover, and simmer 10 minutes or until the pasta is done, stirring occasionally to keep the pasta from clumping.
- Once the spaghetti is done, stir in the cheese until it is melted and serve immediately.