Recipe by Kim D.
I got this recipe from my Mom, who has made these bars for years. She uses pecans for the nuts and sometimes will put them on top, of only half, for those people who don't like nuts.
Top Review by MizzNezz
These are great! The taste is wonderful, they're very easy to make, and they don't take up much of your time. I used pecans and raised the vanilla to 2 teaspoons. This is one I'll use a lot. I will add these to my Christmas cookie trays. Thank you, Kim!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter the bottom of a 9X13-inch baking pan.
- Melt 1 stick butter in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat and add sugar and blend.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Stir in vanilla, flour and baking powder.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add nuts and stir lightly.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool in pan and cut into bars.