Recipe by CaribbeanQueen
These crackly looking cookies are soft inside and crunchy outside. Freeze well, store well.
Top Review by muffinlady
This recipe is so good. I just love it. I have had the recipe for years. It is also in Best of Country Cookies from taste of home. So nice to have a recipe I love that can be made ahead and frozen, kept in the freezer for when you want to make some more. That is if you do not want to bake and eat them sooner. So yummy never had molded brownies until now. So very fudgy just the way I love them.
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares (4-ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- powdered sugar, for rolling dough in
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- Beat in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into mixture. Fold in nuts. Chill for about 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar. Arrange on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 18-20 minutes. Remove from sheets to wire racks. Cool.
- Store Airtight.