Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
No,...not AA ready birds.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 doves, cleaned
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 12 slices French bread, toasted
- Combine flour, salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper; dredge doves in flour mixture.
- Brown doves in butter in a large skillet; add tomato sauce, mushrooms, and onion.
- Cover and cook over low heat 20 minutes or until tender.
- Remove doves, and keep warm.
- Add milk to pan drippings, scraping sides and bottom of skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated.
- Place doves on toasted bread; spoon sauce over doves.
- Yield: 6 servings.