Prep 10 mins
Cook 21 mins
Another great chicken recipe from Cooking Light. the apples and onions sauce is very good.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups sliced onions
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced peeled granny smith apples (about 3 apples)
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup apple cider or 1 cup apple juice
- Place flour and salt and pepper in a ziplock bag, add chicken, seal bag and shake to coat.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, saute 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan, keep warm.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan.
- Add onion, saute for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add apple and marjoram, saute for 5 more minutes.
- Add the chicken and cider, bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
Very good! The kids loved it!!!!
this recipe made for very juicy chicken, but something was amiss here. the sauce was too bland for my taste. next time i'll try adding a little sugar or lemon juice or something to perk this up.
Surprisingly good, but we felt the flavor was missing a little something in the apple/onion mixture. I'll definitely make this again, but I think the onions may add a lot more flavor if they're allowed to caramelize before the rest of the ingredients are added. I really liked how easy this recipe was on a weeknight and a healthier way to get apples into the family without having to use them for dessert. :) Thanks for posting, Derf! Made & enjoyed for the Diabetic Forum's Harvest Moon Apple Festival tag game.