Recipe by TooAllergic
This no-cook/no frills sauce is fabulous with shellfish. It is great with steaming-hot clams, anchovies and pasta or with cold, peel-and-eat shrimp. Fresh herbs, the best olive oil you can find and sun-ripened tomatoes are key.
- 1 lemon, peeled and sectioned
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chervil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 4 cups tomatoes, seeded and diced (use a variety)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together and season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste.
- Chill without adding the fresh herbs or serve right away. This will not hold for long once the fresh herbs are added. The olive oil solidifies in the refrigerator so it must be brought up to room-temp. before serving.