Recipe by MrsMM
(or just about!) This is a simple sauce I created that we've used for many things, and it's especially handy if you don't want to make a side of veggies- makes meals heartier. We love it on pork chops, chicken, and pasta. You could even put it in a roll for a sandwich- because it's thick/chunky. Hope you like!
Top Review by TasteTester
This is a delicious sauce that is so versatile. I made double the recipe and used half as a sauce for sauteed chicken breasts. I omitted capers from the other half and added it to homemade spaghetti sauce. The artichokes and roasted peppers added a great flavor to the spaghetti sauce. As you said, it has many uses and I'm adding it to my permanent recipe file. Thanks for posting this, Mrs. MM!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 roasted red peppers, from jars, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped artichoke
- 1⁄3 cup chopped olive
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large deep skillet.
- Add onions, frying til soft.
- Add garlic, frying but not burning.
- Add tomatoes, red peppers, seasonings. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 8 minutes.
- Add olives, capers, artichokes, mixing thoroughly.
- Cook on medium-low for about 12-15 minutes.