Recipe by Nedley Meyers
This company's salsa is good but after a lot of experimentation, I'm now able to make salsa just like it at home. Not even my friends can tell the difference in a side-by-side taste test and it's a lot cheaper than paying $4.99 for a tiny tub!
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) can whole tomatoes or 3 large very ripe fresh tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 jalapeno chiles, stems and seeds removed, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the Cilantro leaves well, remove large stems and chop. Chop the onion and tomatoes. Chop garlic and jalapeño finely. Put all ingredients in bowl and mix with a clean hand, squeezing to blend and increase flavor. Use right away or cover and refrigerate for up to 10 days. Serve with tortilla chips or as a sauce on all your mexican food.