Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My dad loves this sauce. It is versatile and can be used as a bread dip or a pasta sauce. Personally, I hate those fuzzy little critters that my dad will stick on his pizza and pasta ...
- 1⁄4 cup salt-packed anchovy fillet, soaked and rinsed
- 1 head garlic, top sliced off
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley, stems too
- Preheat oven to 475.
- When I say 1/4 cup of anchovies I mean a tin. The recipe wizard won't let me say that. Exact measurements are not critical here.
- Put all ingredients, except pepper and parsley, in a one quart covered casserole and bake for one hour.
- Carefully remove the garlic and squeeze out the cloves into the oil and butter.
- Mash the garlic and anchovies into the butter and oil.
- Stir in the pepper and parsley.
- Serve with Pasta Fresca as a sauce or with crusty bread as a dip.
- For an extra zing, add a few pinches of crushed red pepper flakes.
If you love anchovies and garlic, you will want to lick the plate after this!