Recipe by xoxnic0lexox
This is sauce for tostones, sometimes called mojo. its very good and mostly the measurements are by taste. i didnt learn with exact measures, so it just depends on what you like. there are many ways to make this. this is just one way i learned. here is just how i make it. *measurements not exact*
Top Review by cupcakeRAE
I have been looking for a recipe like this for years. The restaurant near me serves this sauce with tostones. I have never seen this recipe listed anywhere else. I tried it without the lemon because I did'nt have any and it still tastes great. Thank you for posting.
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce, 10 - 15 oz can
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste, for thickness (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- mash up the Garlic really well. i use a pilon or mortar & pestle.
- heat up Olive Oil in a sauce pan and let garlic simmer for a few minutes. Do not let it burn!
- put in the Tomato Sauce and mix in the Tomato Paste to desired thickness. this sauce should not taste alot like tomato, the garlic should take over the taste of it.
- mix in the Lemon Juice.
- Let it cool a bit and eat with tostones as a dip.
- *Variation: For a stronger taste you can let the sauce sit for a few days and then run it through a strainer to get rid of the pieces of garlic,.