- 2 whole cloves
- 1 onion, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 15 fluid ounces milk
- 3 ounces fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 ounce unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons table cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Stick 2 cloves into the onion and place in a saucepan with the bay leaf and milk.
- Bring slowly to the boil, remove from the heat, cover and leave to infuse for 10 minutes, and then remove the bay leaf and onion.
- Add the breadcrumbs, return to the heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the butter and cream and serve immediately.