Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a cream sauce I used on Chicken Cordon Bleu.
Make and share this Sauce for Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine last 5 ingredients in a large glass measuring cup.
- Heat to just warm in microwave to help dissolve bouillon.
- Melt butter in saucepan on low.
- Add flour and stir until smooth and bubbly.
- Add Milk mixture and heat.
Needed a quick white sauce - I used spicy mustard, wine for the sherry and added a tsp of chipolte in adobe sauce for an extra kick. Took 5 minutes to thicken perfect over low heat. Easy and tasty.
This was great even though I had to change a few ingredients since my hubby had a stroke and is on a no salt diet. I substituted with no salt butter, low sodium chicken broth, low sodium worcestershire sauce and white wine. Great to find a recipe for this dish (:
This is a wonderful sauce Terri. I really enjoyed it. I used it over a baked chicken breast and it gave the chicken the perfect snap it needed. Thanks for sharing.