Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Even though this is a cocktail sauce, I think it would be good on cold shrimp or a green salad, too. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (use a good quality, such as Hellmann's)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- Fold ingredients into whipped cream.
- Mix thoroughly and serve over peeled and sliced avocados.