Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty, creamy sauce that adds the perfect finishing touch, especially nice with many seafood and shellfish recipes. I got the recipe from the Red Lion Inn (in Massachussetts) cookbook, and I use a shortcut to make it simple & fast: a packet of McCormick's Hollandaise Sauce prepared as directed.
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, seeded and finely minced
- 1 tablespoon butter (for sauteeing)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package hollandaise sauce mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tomato paste
- Saute the minced tomatoes in the 1 tablespoon butter for 5-10 minutes and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Hollandaise Sauce: Melt the butter on medium-low heat and whisk in the water and sauce mix. Stirring frequently, cook on Medium heat until sauce comes to boil. Reduce heat simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir the Hollandaise sauce into the sauteed tomatoes, then stir in the tomato paste.
- Keep sauce warm and serve over seafood.
Perfect over your Shrimp and tomato dish - really creamy and delish!