Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From the Italians
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 loaf Italian bread, crusts removed, soaked in water
- garlic powder
- 1 lb parmesan cheese
- 2 -3 eggs
- olive oil
- 4 -5 garlic cloves
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole canned tomatoes
- 56 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Mix ground beef, pork, bread, salt, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, parsley, eggs, and pepper.
- Form meatballs.
- Broil until brown (can also be fried in olive oil).
- Fry garlic and olive oil in a large stockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower to simmer and cook 1 1/2 hours.
- Add meatballs ad cook additional 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with 1 lb pasta.