Barefoot Beachcomber's Note:
For Chicken a la King, of course! Or over whatever strikes your fancy as it is a very versitile sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a double boiler, melt the butter. Add the green pepper, pimientos and mushrooms. Saute until soft.
- 2Stir in the flour and the seasonings. Blend.
- 3Gradually whisk in the milk and light cream.
- 4Stirring occasionally, cook the mixture for 10 minutes, or until it has thickened.
- 5Without stirring, turn heat down and cook gently for 10 minutes longer.
- 6Whisk the egg yolks and sherry together. Add a bit of the hot sauce mix to the egg mix and whisk.
- 7Add this mixture gradually to the sauce.
- 8Serve hot over chicken breasts or jazz up some leftovers with this sauce.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauce a La King
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.0
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 156.0 mg
- Sodium 464.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 7.0 g