Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 grated limes, zest of
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- carbonated lemon-lime beverage or sparkling water, chilled
- In a small saucepan, combine water and sugar; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Add in zest; cover, and remove from heat; let steep 10 minutes.
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer and let cool.
- Pour the cooled sugar syrup into a 1 quart container.
- Add in the lime juice and salt; stir.
- Chill, covered, until very cold.
- When ready to serve, pour equal amounts of the lime concentrate and lemon-lime soda or sparkling water into a tall glass over lots of ice.