1/1 Photo of Saturday Night Special
1 hr 30 mins
James Craig's Note:
I found this recipe on the back of an Evans bean package. Cooking time is an approximate figure.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash beans and cover with 6 cups of water; bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- 2Cover, let stand for 1 hour.
- 3Drain and throw away soak water.
- 4Cover beans with fresh water and boil gently until tender.
- 6Brown pork chops lightly, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Combine beans, mustard, brown sugar, ketchup, onion, tomato sauce and molasses and pour into a casserole.
- 8If necessary, add more liquid such as ketchup.
- 9Place pork chops on top and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1& 1/2 hours.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saturday Night Special
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.2
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 264.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 18.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean pork chops