Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe on the back of an Evans bean package. Cooking time is an approximate figure.
- 453.59 g great northern bean
- 4-6 lean pork chops
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml molasses
- Wash beans and cover with 6 cups of water; bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Cover, let stand for 1 hour.
- Drain and throw away soak water.
- Cover beans with fresh water and boil gently until tender.
- Brown pork chops lightly, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine beans, mustard, brown sugar, ketchup, onion, tomato sauce and molasses and pour into a casserole.
- If necessary, add more liquid such as ketchup.
- Place pork chops on top and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1& 1/2 hours.
This was a very tasty recipe! Pork chops were very tasty and moist. Thanks for the recipe James Craig ; )