Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can use any liqueur for this syrup. Have fun with it. I've used Irish Cream, Coffee Liqueur, Amaretto, and Hazelnut Liqueur. It goes great on pancakes, waffles and French Toast, or use it to drizzle over cake with a dollop of whipped cream. It's perfect for a lazy Saturday morning brunch. Amounts are all a 1:1:1 ratio, so adjust as needed for the amount you would like to make.
- Heat sugar and corn syrup until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add liqueur and stir to blend.
- To cook out the alcohol simmer for two to three minutes.
- For thinner syrup or a stronger liqueur flavor, add more liqueur to taste.
- For a thicker syrup, add more sugar.
- When desired results are reached, cool liquid in pan over an ice bath. Syrup will thicken as it cools.
What can I say? I used Frangelico and it was a huge hit. My husband LOVED it. ME TOO. An extra special sauce to pour over warmed chocolate banana pudding!