Reeces Pieces's Note:
You can use any liqueur for this syrup. Have fun with it. I've used Irish Cream, Coffee Liqueur, Amaretto, and Hazelnut Liqueur. It goes great on pancakes, waffles and French Toast, or use it to drizzle over cake with a dollop of whipped cream. It's perfect for a lazy Saturday morning brunch. Amounts are all a 1:1:1 ratio, so adjust as needed for the amount you would like to make.
My Private Note
- 1Heat sugar and corn syrup until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 2Add liqueur and stir to blend.
- 3To cook out the alcohol simmer for two to three minutes.
- 4For thinner syrup or a stronger liqueur flavor, add more liqueur to taste.
- 5For a thicker syrup, add more sugar.
- 6When desired results are reached, cool liquid in pan over an ice bath. Syrup will thicken as it cools.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saturday Morning Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (1310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4005.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 435.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 281.5 g
- Protein 0.0 g