1/1 Photo of Saturday Morning Pancakes
Fish Gal Chef #346484's Note:
Our family has pancakes every Saturday morning and this is the recipe that I've been using for years. My son likes it so much, he doesn't even use syrup. The rest of my family only uses real maple syrup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat to medium heat a large non-stick griddle. We use a double burner griddle.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- 3In another bowl, beat the egg and then mix together the remaining moist ingredients.
- 4Dump the wet ingredient mixture to the dry mixture.
- 5Stir until everything is just blended. You will still have some lumps. (O.K. to break up any very large lumps).
- 6Put a very light coat of oil onto the pan. I do this by putting a small amount of oil onto the pan and spread out using part of a paper towel and a spatula.
- 7Put about 1/6 of the batter onto the hot skillet (I can cook 3 at a time). Cook until the edges appear dry and top of pancake bubbly. The bottom should be golden brown before turning.
- 8Turn and cook until golden on the other side.
- 9Serve with real maple syrup and butter.
- 10Makes 6 large pancakes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saturday Morning Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.0
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.1 mg
- Sodium 591.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: