Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Flavorful, tongue satisfying meatloaf.
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- In large bowl, combine all the meat ingredients through the prepared mustard. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Add ground beef. Mix gently but thoroughly.
- Line a 9-by-5 inch loaf pan with foil. Press in the beef mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sauce ingredients, mixing well. Spread mixture over the meatloaf.
- Bake at 400°F for 35 to 45 minutes or until done.
- Drain off fat. Rest meatloaf 5 minutes before serving.
I'm not a meatloaf fan, but make one for my husband occasionally. He gave it a thumbs up. I used ground turkey instead of the beef. Made for Pick A Chef spring 2014 event. :)