Recipe by gingerkitten D
This mask is especially for combination or oily skin. The apple provides natural fruit acids that exfoliate and brighten. It also adds an astringent effect.The green tea is an anti-oxidant known for having healing properties. It also contains caffiene which may add in relieving puffiness. The Chamomile is anti-inflammatory and if you use the Celestial Seasonings brand it also has licorice root which brightens your complexion. The oatmeal is soothing, softening, and good for problem skin. The honey is a humectant that adds moisture. Honey also contains anti-oxidants and vitamins. Egg whites have a firming effect when used in facial masks. The lemon juice is astringent and will aid to lighten freckles and other skin discolorations. I was looking for these type of qualities when I whipped up this mask. It smells nice and feels wonderful easpecially when chilled. It leaves my skin baby soft and glowing. If you have sensitive skin or allergies I would not use this mask. If you are allergic to ragweed you should omit the Chamomile because it may aggravate your condidtion.
- 1⁄2 peeled and chopped granny smith apple
- 1 bag chamomile tea (I used Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla Chamomile)
- 1 bag green tea (I used Jasmine green tea)
- 1⁄3 cup quick oats
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut open tea bags and pour the contents into a blender or food processor.
- Add other ingredients and mix until mixture resembles a thick paste.
- If mixture is too thin add a bit more oatmeal.
- If mixture is too thick add another egg white.
- Chill the mask in the refrigerator or use right away.
- Store remained mixture in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- To use: apply the mask, avoiding the eye area.
- It can also be applied to your neck.
- Allow to dry for 15 minutes.
- Then remove with warm water and a wash cloth.
- Gently pat face dry.