gingerkitten D's Note:
This mask is especially for combination or oily skin. The apple provides natural fruit acids that exfoliate and brighten. It also adds an astringent effect.The green tea is an anti-oxidant known for having healing properties. It also contains caffiene which may add in relieving puffiness. The Chamomile is anti-inflammatory and if you use the Celestial Seasonings brand it also has licorice root which brightens your complexion. The oatmeal is soothing, softening, and good for problem skin. The honey is a humectant that adds moisture. Honey also contains anti-oxidants and vitamins. Egg whites have a firming effect when used in facial masks. The lemon juice is astringent and will aid to lighten freckles and other skin discolorations. I was looking for these type of qualities when I whipped up this mask. It smells nice and feels wonderful easpecially when chilled. It leaves my skin baby soft and glowing. If you have sensitive skin or allergies I would not use this mask. If you are allergic to ragweed you should omit the Chamomile because it may aggravate your condidtion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut open tea bags and pour the contents into a blender or food processor.
- 2Add other ingredients and mix until mixture resembles a thick paste.
- 3If mixture is too thin add a bit more oatmeal.
- 4If mixture is too thick add another egg white.
- 5Chill the mask in the refrigerator or use right away.
- 6Store remained mixture in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- 7To use: apply the mask, avoiding the eye area.
- 8It can also be applied to your neck.
- 9Allow to dry for 15 minutes.
- 10Then remove with warm water and a wash cloth.
- 11Gently pat face dry.
Browse Our Top Bath/Beauty Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bath/Beauty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Satin Skin Apple Mask and Scrub
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.5
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: