Recipe by Little Italy
Hot hot HEAT!! (Not the band!! LOL)
Top Review by Myjimmysate
The recipe is simple and clear. I used to ready made sate sauce in a glass bottle, like Jimmy's Sate Sauce. After following this, we are able to make our own fresh sate sauce which taste a bit differently, but still very yummy yummy!!!!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 -4 birds eye chiles (FINELY CHOPPED) or 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts (GROUND VERY FINELY)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil until it’s reached a medium heat. Add the garlic and cook on low until it’s very aromatic.
- Stir in the curry powder, chilies, and peanuts. Reduce heat to low, and stir until it forms a thick paste (15-20 mins).
- Let cool, and serve with Phó, or an Asian noodle soup. Refrigerate in a sealed container.
- This makes and awesome marinade too!
- Pho (Vietnamese Beef & Rice-Noodle Soup) Recipe #50983.