- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons penzey's sate seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rice
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add the spices and cook a little longer. Your kitchen should smell wonderful at this point.
- Add the rice and coat it with the spice mix.
- Add chicken stock.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, until the rice is nice and dry.