Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 kg turkey thighs, chops
- lettuce, to serve
- lime wedge, to serve
- 170 g beer nuts
- 1 -2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 -2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 -4 cup ketjap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 -3 cup water
- Using only the white part of lemon grass, cut finely and place in a food processor. Add onion, coriander, turmeric, sugar, juice and oil. Process until mixture forms a smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper. Combine paste and turkey in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- To make satay sauce, process nuts until finely chopped. Add nuts and remaining ingredients in a pan. Stir over low heat until smooth.
- Cook turkey in heated, oiled grill pan for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked through. Remove and cover with foil. Stand for 2 minutes.
- Serve turkey with warm satay sauce, salad and lime wedges.