Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I found this recipe in Taste of Home. My DH and I liked this a lot. It was easy to fix, too, which is always a bonus.
- 1 boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes (3-4 lbs)
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups hot cooked rice (optional)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In a slow-cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hrs, on high 4-5 hours.
- Skim fat; stir in peanut butter.
- Serve with rice, if desired; top with onions and peanuts.