- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 shallot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 large red chilies, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 75 g crunchy peanut butter
- 200 g coconut milk
- 1 lime, juice only
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a small pan and fry the shallot, garlic, chillies and spices for 4-5 minutes, or until the shallot and garlic are softened.
- Mix the peanut butter with a little warm water to make a thinner paste and add to the pan.
- Add the coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 6-8 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Season, to taste, with lime juice and salt.