Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make no claim of this being authentic, as I just went on instinct. But it is fast and I tend to always have everything on hand. It's good on grilled meat, and if thinned with some water and/or oil can be basted on skewers of chicken or beef on the bbq. Keep it thick, add a good few handfuls of chopped, roasted peanuts and use it to fill rice balls for a S-E Asian feast. I often dollop this sauce on a bowl of hot white rice and lightly steamed broccoli--a great way to eat your greens!
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter (use smooth if you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce ('kecap manis' from Indonesia)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Put the peanut butter in a small, microwave-safe bowl, and heat for 20 seconds till easy to stir.
- Combine with chili sauce, sweet soy sauce, coriander, and garlic.
- That's it!