Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
A simple inexpensive appetizer that is a delicious pre-game snack. Authentic? The recipe comes from the "ThaiTable.com." I think you will like this paired with my peanut sauce listed separately (Satay Peanut sauce Nam Jim Satay). Enjoy
- Cut meat into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- In a medium sized bowl, incorporate seasonings with Coconut milk. After you have a smooth paste, add the meat and spoon or hand mix till all is coated nicely.
- Cover and and allow the party to mingle for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- Skewers: If using wood skewers, soak them in water at the same time you are marinating, which will reduce there burn rate during the grilling process.
- Skewer meat, if you stretch the meat across the skewers, rather than cram them together, they cook faster. Your choice here.
- Cook Satay on a HOT gas or Charcoal grill. Flip them midway through and monitor for flare ups. Chicken Breast will cook up quickly (7-10 minutes)if cut thin and stretched across the skewers. (test for doneness on your thickest cut).
- Serve immediately with Peanut Sauce.