Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
Is great served with chicken.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2⁄3 cup diced red onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- Place olive oil, sesame oil, onion, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes in a pot and cook over medium heat until onion is transparent, about 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients and cook for 1 minute more.
- Let cool and serve.
This is a Barefoot Contessa recipe that goes with her grilled lemon chicken skewers and it's a fantastic recipe. The dip is a little too thick for me so I usually thin it down a bit with hot water. LOVE IT!