This is a recipe from "The Complete Asian Cookbook" by Charmaine Solomon. Malay Beef Satay
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut beef into small cubes, about 2 cm. thick each way.
- 2Trim off excess fat, leaving a thin layer of fat on some of the cubes.
- 3Cut the trimmed-off fat into thin squares.
- 4Combine turmeric, cumin, fennel, lemon rind, salt, sugar and coconut milk in a bowl and stir to dissolve sugar.
- 5Add beef and mix well, cover and leave to marinate for 1 hour or longer.
- 6*The longer it is left, the more the flavors will penetrate the meat.
- 7Thread on bamboo skewers that have been soaked in cold water for a few hours, putting about 5 pieces on the end of each skewer and leaving at least half the skewer uncovered.
- 8Use the squares of fat where necessary, for they keep the meat tender.
- 9Grill over hot coals or under a preheated griller until beef is well done and crisp and brown on all sides.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Satay Daging
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.8
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 644.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 23.9 g