Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this recipe from Pampered Chef, very good pasta salad.
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 cup light asian vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons Asian seasoning, mix
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain pasta, rinse under cold running water. Once pasta is cool, transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix up dressing, combine vinaigrette, Asian seasoning mix and peanut butter in small bowl. Mix well.
- Cut carrots into julienne stripes. Dice bell pepper. Chop peanuts. Chop basil.
- Add chicken, carrots, bell peppers, peanuts, basil and dressing to pasta: mix well.
My husband loves this salad! I make a big batch and he eats it all week for lunch. I use Kraft toasted sesame dressing, and if I don't have basil I have used cilantro and green onions instead with great results.
This seems like an odd combination, but was very delicious! We are about to make it for the second time. We leave out the chicken and use it as a side dish with Asian pork medallions. The dressing we use is Kens lite accents Asian vinaigrette that comes in a spray bottle. Thanks for this recipe!
This is delicious, but I think it tastes better if you add asparagus and use cilantro instead of basil.