1 hr 10 mins
Recipe by Julie Van Rosendaal http://dinnerwithjulie.com/ So tender and full of flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice or 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder or 1 teaspoon curry paste
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb filet of beef, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips or 24 raw shrimp, peeled, with tails on
- 1Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- 2Add meat, toss to coat, cover, refridgerate at least one hour.
- 3Soak bamboo skewers in water so they don't burn.
- 4Preheat BBQ or broiler.
- 5Thread meat on separate skewers, weaving to form an S-shape.
- 6Place on grill or cookie sheet, cook 2-3 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- 7Serve with peanut sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Satay - Chicken, Beef, or Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.8
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 131.6 mg
- Sodium 2166.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 56.8 g