Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Recipe by Julie Van Rosendaal http://dinnerwithjulie.com/ So tender and full of flavour.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder or 1 teaspoon curry paste
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb filet of beef, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips or 24 raw shrimp, peeled, with tails on
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Add meat, toss to coat, cover, refridgerate at least one hour.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water so they don't burn.
- Preheat BBQ or broiler.
- Thread meat on separate skewers, weaving to form an S-shape.
- Place on grill or cookie sheet, cook 2-3 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Serve with peanut sauce.