Prep 45 mins
Cook 50 mins
Calls for preparing the spice paste before actual cooking.
Satay Chicken Bumbu
- 1 kg shallot
- 500 g chili paste
- 20 candlenuts
- 4 shrimp paste (belacan )
- 10 stalks lemongrass
- 1 ounce thick coconut milk
- 9 ounces thin coconut milk
- 5 chicken thighs
- 6 chicken wings
- For cooking the bumbu:.
- Grind all above ingredients to a fine paste. Heat oil in a wok and fry ground ingredients for about 1/2 hour to 45minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- This amount of paste can make for about 5 dinner servings.
- Store in airtight container, label and date. Good for about 4 months.
- For cooking Satay Chicken:.
- Heat frying pan with 1 tbsp cooking oil.
- Lower fire and fry Satay Rempah/Bumbu for a few minutes.
- Add in chicken and fry for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add 1 tsp salt.
- Add thin coconut milk and simmer on low fire for 30 minutes.
- Add thick coconut milk and bring to boil on medium fire.
- Remove and serve.