Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
from taste.com.au wanted to try this one.
- 1 1⁄3 cups jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 600 g beef, strips
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bunch baby choy sum, trimmed, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup ayam coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 small red chile, deseeded, sliced
- Cook rice following absorption method on packet.
- Meanwhile, heat wok over high heat until hot. Add 2 teaspoons of oil and swirl to coat. Add half the beef. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until sealed. Remove to a plate. Repeat with oil and remaining beef.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to wok. Add onion, capsicum and garlic. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return beef and any juices to wok. Add choy sum, peanut butter, coconut cream, sweet chilli sauce and oyster sauce. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until choy sum is tender and stir-fry heated through.
- Divide rice between bowls. Top with stir-fry. Sprinkle with chilli. Serve.
Fantastic stir-fry that is versatile and easy to make. I added an extra onion and about 2 cups of snow peas, so made an extra half-batch of satay sauce. Served it all over thin egg noodles. The 'crowd' loved it and I will make it often. This will be a good recipe for using up veggies. Yummo!