2 hrs 10 mins
This looks incredible. Another recipe sent to me from my mother (who knows I LOOOOVE ethnic cooking!) I will be posting the katjang (spicy peanut) sauce separately. (Prep time is marinade time). This is an appetizer recipe, so the serving sizes may be small compared to what one would need for a main course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the garlic, salt and pepper in a deep bowl and mash them to a paste with the back of a spoon.
- 2Mix in the soy sauce, molasses and lime juice.
- 3Add the chicken cubes and toss until they are evenly coated.
- 4Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 5Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread it tightly, 4 or 5 pieces at a time, on small skewers (preferably Oriental wooden skewers about 6 inches (15 cm) long).
- 6Brush the oil evenly over the chicken.
- 7Cook over charcoal (traditional) or under the kitchen broiler for 5 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the chicken is crisp and brown.
- 8Serve at once, with the meat still on the skewers, accompanied by katjang sauce presented separately in a bowl.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Satay Ayam (Chicken Satay)
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.1
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 131.6 mg
- Sodium 1234.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 53.4 g