Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
My version of Salisbury steak with a bit of heat. You can omit hot pepper sauce if you are not into heat or have children who do not like spicy food.
- 680.38 g ground beef
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23-2.46 ml thyme
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 22.18 ml parsley, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 158.51 ml breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 14.79 ml oil
- 149.68 g mushroom, sliced
- 59.14 ml butter
- salt and pepper
- 14.79 ml flour
- 177.44 ml beef stock
- 177.44 ml red wine, dry
- 78.07 ml tomato ketchup
- 4.92 ml mustard
- 7.39 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 7.39 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml sherry wine
- 14.79-29.58 ml hot pepper sauce
- For Patties: Combine all meat patty ingredients well until almost pasty except the oil and form into 6 oblong patties.
- Cook patties in 1 T oil in the moderately heated skillet for 4 minutes each side.
- Remove patties and set aside.
- For Sauce: In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter, add salt and pepper then stir in flour.
- Add beef stock, wine and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add beef patties to the skillet containing mushroom sauce and continue to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes spooning sauce over meat patties occasionally.
- Add some water if sauce seems too dry.
Delicious!! Thanks for sharing.
Great flavors in this recipe. I made half a recipe for the two of us and still have some leftover. I served with mashed potatoes and used the extra sauce for them.
we did this tonight. Did not hear a complain aside from I don't want any mushrooms from all three of our kidos. I did not have sherry and for wine I used merlot, green onions and parsley was in the garden, but was to lazy to get out in this frozen weather, so I skipped that and add more thyme. It is in my cookbook now. Thank you for the recipe.