Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Note this is milder than Hell's Mud. Uses Lamb also.
- 3 lbs sirloin, coarsely ground
- 2 lbs lamb, coarsely ground
- 2 onions, chopped coarsely
- 3 garlic cloves, diced fine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 2 cups green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 jalapenos, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 tablespoon cayenne chili pepper flakes
- 2 cups tomatoes, stewed and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 3 tablespoons cumin, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 12 ounces beer
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot or cast iron Dutch oven.
- Add meat, onions, garlic, and bell peppers. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add the beer, tomatoes, tomato sauce, spices, peppers, and sesame oil.
- Cook for 2 hours on Low heat, stirring frequently. Add the tomato paste and cook on Simmer for 30 minutes more. Serve hot!