Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 168 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Can you say super-hot-pickled-eggs? Not with one of these in your mouth! These are majorly hot, make sure you can handle it before you try it!
- 3 dozen hard-boiled eggs (peeled)
- 1 quart distilled white vinegar
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon dill seed
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon black pepper or 1 tablespoon peppercorn
- 6 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) jar jalapeno peppers, with juice
- 1 (16 ounce) jar habanero peppers, with juice
- 10 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Place all the ingredients except the hard-boiled eggs in a covered pot and boil for 15 minutes.
- Place the hard-boiled eggs in a glass jar and cover them with hot pickling mixture until the eggs are completely covered.
- If there is not enough vinegar, you may add some hot water to the vinegar solution.
- Marinate the eggs in this solution, in the refrigerator, for 7 days before serving.
- The longer they marinate, the more robust the flavor!
These eggs are awesome. My kids loved it especially when I turned some into "deviled" satans eggs. The only thing I'd do differently is to open my kitchen windows and turn on the exhaust fan before making the sauce.Other than that I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing.
These are HOT! (Pun intended.) I don't like the taste of Habanero chilies, they're sort of soapy tasting to me.I substituted pickled Yellow Wax Chilies.I also prefer Cholulla Hot Sauce.I took 2 quart jars (20 Eggs) to a poker game and my friends complained because 4 eggs each wasn't enough.
this recipe is great but it is working even better, when you use unpeeled eggs and knock (or crush?) the shell of the eggs before you put them into the solution. You can peel them directly before you eat them, perfect as a summer snack. This recipe inspired me to make a large jar of satans eggs.