1/2 Photos of Satan Cake (Chocolate and Coffee)
Fuzzy's Finds's Note:
This light, delicious dark chocolate cake is flavored with strong coffee. My sister-in-law, a devout Christian, gave me the recipe (and named it in honor of the amount of temptation it creates when it's sitting on your counter). We love the taste beyond all reason, but I also love that it's made with pantry staples; no extra trips to the grocer are necessary! Ganache recipe at the bottom makes a GREAT finishing touch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
- 2Combine milk and vinegar, then stir in oil. Add this wet mix to the dry mix; stir well.
- 3Gradually stir in boiling coffee.
- 4Pour into greased and floured pan (9x13 or other of your choice).
- 5Bake @ 350 for around 30 minute Test center of cake with knife to check for doneness.
- 6Ganache Topping: (I love this ganache because it's made with milk, butter, and cocoa rather than cream and chunks of chocolate; I keep these ingredients on hand, so it's easier to make on the fly.).
- 7Ingredients: 1 C sugar, 6 Tbsp milk, 6 Tbsp Butter, 1/2 C cocoa.
- 8Bring all to a boil and boil for 3 minute Pour over warm cake.
- 9*We have substituted mayo for the oil in a pinch. Makes a denser cake, but still very delicious.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Satan Cake (Chocolate and Coffee)
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.1
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 505.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 35.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g