Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This light, delicious dark chocolate cake is flavored with strong coffee. My sister-in-law, a devout Christian, gave me the recipe (and named it in honor of the amount of temptation it creates when it's sitting on your counter). We love the taste beyond all reason, but I also love that it's made with pantry staples; no extra trips to the grocer are necessary! Ganache recipe at the bottom makes a GREAT finishing touch.
- Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
- Combine milk and vinegar, then stir in oil. Add this wet mix to the dry mix; stir well.
- Gradually stir in boiling coffee.
- Pour into greased and floured pan (9x13 or other of your choice).
- Bake @ 350 for around 30 minute Test center of cake with knife to check for doneness.
- Ganache Topping: (I love this ganache because it's made with milk, butter, and cocoa rather than cream and chunks of chocolate; I keep these ingredients on hand, so it's easier to make on the fly.).
- Ingredients: 1 C sugar, 6 Tbsp milk, 6 Tbsp Butter, 1/2 C cocoa.
- Bring all to a boil and boil for 3 minute Pour over warm cake.
- *We have substituted mayo for the oil in a pinch. Makes a denser cake, but still very delicious.
Excellent cake, I'm not much of a baker so if I can have these good results, so can you!!! Very easily made, moist and delicious, I dont even like cake very much and I wanted to eat this one!!! My icing could have been better, but I would put that down to my own inexperience. I'm sending this recipe to my daughter who bakes like a dream, she will love it!! Thank you, Fuzzy, excellent recipe, made for PAC Fall 2012