Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Okinawan doughnuts are easy to make since they don't have any yeast and all the ingredients are easy to find. The dough is dense but sweet and best eaten hot!
- oil (for deep frying)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oil in a large wok or deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the flour,sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs, add in milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly, stir egg mixture into flour mixture until well blended.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into hot oil, a few at a time, making sure the temperature of the oil does not drop.
- Fry, until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove from oil and allow to drain on a rack. (I use a cookie cooling rack on a pan lined with paper towels).