Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great recipe for a casual supper/BBQ outside. I have been making this for years, and we all enjoy it. There is NEVER any leftovers. Not exactly low fat, but Yumpy!!!
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (Golden are best)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or use sweet pickle juice)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Toss the salad ingredients well in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing and then add to bowl.
- Mix well.
- Everyone will love it, INCLUDING the kids!
My husband, brother-in-law and I just finished making this recipe, and we think it's the best broccoli salad we have had in some time. The taste of the fresh vegetables comes through The golden raisins and sunflowers kernels give it an extra punch of flavor.
This recipe ROCKS! There are a ton of Broccoli Salads on Recipezaar, but this is the one I was looking for (we had something similar in a restaurant once). Most recipe's don't have the raisins or sunflower seeds and that is what "makes it" for us. Thanks so much for posting this recipe!