1/2 Photos of Sassy's Crab Cakes
So yummy! This recipe is a result of 4 different cook's trying to make the perfect crab cake that would hold up in a busy music cafe but still be authentic. Serve as small appetizers or throw some coleslaw on a kaiser bun with a larger sized one and you will have a delicious sandwich. I always make my own breadcrumbs but purchased will work fine. Try these with my cucumber dill sauce for a refreshing different taste!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml minced yellow onions or 59.14 ml green onion
- 59.14 ml minced red peppers or 59.14 ml green pepper
- 78.07 ml minced celery
- 59.14 ml butter
- 453.59 g crabmeat, drained (fresh, frozen or canned lump or claw meat)
- 177.44-236.59 ml fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 22.18 ml mayonnaise
- 22.18 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml seafood seasoning, Maryland style
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml fine dry breadcrumb
- 118.29-177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 1Saute onion, red pepper and celery until tender.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3Stir in crabmeat and the next 10 ingredients.
- 4Mix well & shape into patties, any size.
- 5Coat with additional breadcrumbs.
- 6Heat approximately 1/4 inch of oil in heavy weight fry pan to about 370 degrees.
- 7Fry for about 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 8Drain on paper before serving.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sassy's Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.1
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 63.0 mg
- Sodium 864.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: