Recipe by sassafrasnanc
So yummy! This recipe is a result of 4 different cook's trying to make the perfect crab cake that would hold up in a busy music cafe but still be authentic. Serve as small appetizers or throw some coleslaw on a kaiser bun with a larger sized one and you will have a delicious sandwich. I always make my own breadcrumbs but purchased will work fine. Try these with my cucumber dill sauce for a refreshing different taste!
Top Review by islandgrillman
I found this recipe easy to do and very tasty. I added a few fresh herbs and used a chipotle suace in place of cayenne pepper. Served it with an arugula salad.
Thanks for a great dinner
- 59.14 ml minced yellow onions or 59.14 ml green onion
- 59.14 ml minced red peppers or 59.14 ml green pepper
- 78.07 ml minced celery
- 59.14 ml butter
- 453.59 g crabmeat, drained (fresh, frozen or canned lump or claw meat)
- 177.44-236.59 ml fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 22.18 ml mayonnaise
- 22.18 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml seafood seasoning, Maryland style
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml fine dry breadcrumb
- 118.29-177.44 ml vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, red pepper and celery until tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in crabmeat and the next 10 ingredients.
- Mix well & shape into patties, any size.
- Coat with additional breadcrumbs.
- Heat approximately 1/4 inch of oil in heavy weight fry pan to about 370 degrees.
- Fry for about 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Drain on paper before serving.