Recipe by Sassy Sandra
This recipe is a big hit with everyone - young and old alike! It's actually a Kraft recipe that we have adjusted to our liking! It's great for a cold winter's supper with some nice sourdough bread, or great as an appetizer for a gourmet meal.Very low fat, and no one will ever even know! Enjoy.......
- 1 large onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken stock (low sodium if preferred)
- 30 ounces water
- 4 cups peeled butternut squash
- 1⁄2 cup Minute Rice
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (skim or 2%)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine onion,carrot and celery in a large pot with 2 cans of chicken stock and add 3 cans full of water (30 oz in total).
- Bring to a boil and cook about 8 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Add butternut squash, minute rice, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Add the milk and nutmeg.
- Puree soup in batchs using a blender or food processor.
- Return to pot and gently heat on low until warm.
- Very yummy and very low fat!
- (Even the kids will love it!).