Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Holidays are the time to enjoy and have some fun. We came up with this at the last second just having some fun.
- 118.29 ml ice cube
- 170.09-226.79 g white wine (your favorite) or 170.09-226.79 g blush wine (your favorite)
- maraschino cherry, and juice
- 170.09-226.79 g carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- in blender, chop up ice (if you already have crushed ice you can skip this step).
- put into pitcher.
- add in wine, soda, and 3-4 cherries and 2 tsp juice.
- stir gently.
- pour into your favorite wine or beverage glass (martini or marguerita glasses look great with this).
- dress with a wedge of lime or lemon and a cherry.
This was a wonderful cocktail. I really enjoyed it. I used the last bit of a dry white wine we didn't drink during dinner, and I made a few of these Spritzers for a sort of nightcap, which we enjoyed while watching TV. Thanks for posting, Chef1Mom. Made for ZWT5.
If you like sweet wine, you will love this drink. I scaled it back to 2 drinks and used an off-brand lemon-lime soda, so that may have impacted it's sweetness. This would make a lovely drink for a sophisticated brunch; or for a holiday as the name suggests.
This is great! I made a smaller version for just myself and so I had to sorta play with the amounts a bit. I like the idea of adding a lemon lime carbonated beverage to wine to give it that spritzer feel, and the cherries were a great addition though I had to add more juice to give it more flavor. Very simple and something I will be trying again. I also added a splash of grenadine at the end and that really boosted the flavor and made it a tad more sweet!