Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found online posted by ERIN_STEELE. "A tangy marinade and sauce for all types of steak. Flavorful but not too spicy. Can easily be doubled." Marinating time not included in prep/cooking times.
- Pierce steaks all over with a fork, and place them into a resealable freezer bag.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon of olive oil, cocktail sauce, honey, soy sauce, garlic, and seasoning salt. Pour over the steaks in the bag, seal, and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 6 hours, turning frequently
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. When grill is heated, lightly oil the grate
- Remove steaks from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Grill for about 7 minutes on each side, or to your desired degree of doneness
- While steaks are grilling, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, and cook until tender.
- Pour in reserved marinade, and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve on top of steaks.
I tried this on some chicken drumsticks, which worked out well.Marinated them for about 4 hours. I did leave out the mushrooms, and we loved the final result. Loved the flavor too. Made for your win in Football Pool.
Really delicious steak. I made the cocktail sauce using Super Easy Cocktail Sauce. Marinated for the full 6 hours and we loved the results. I did omit the mushrooms due to personal preference. Made for Fall 2012 Pick A Chef.
Wow this was really good. I made my own cocktail sauce and marinated for 1 1/2 hrs. The heat index here was 110 degrees so I made it indoors on my George Foreman. Delicious! I'm going to try this on chicken next. Made for I Recommend Red White and Blue tag.