Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
This is my first recipe post! I came up with it when I was trying to duplicate my favorite spicy bean dip that is no longer sold at my grocery store. Everyone LOVES this dip and I am asked to make all the time. The only complaint is that there is never enough! It is pretty easy to make as you just throw all the ingredients into a food processor. It can be used as a filling for burritos, tacos or tostadas as well. I sometimes add half a can (15 oz)of Vegitarian Medium Chili to the food processor as well (for the texture of the TVP). Adjust the heat to your liking. Hope you enjoy! Adios!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (Drained and Rinsed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (Drained and Rinsed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (Drained and Rinsed)
- 2 ounces tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red peppers (or both) or 1⁄2 cup green pepper (or both)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 diced fresh jalapenos
- hot sauce (I only use Dat'l Do-It Hot Sauce, Dat'l Do-It is a tomato rich sauce that is mildly sweet & Hot)
- cheese, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except Jalapenos into food processor and blend until smooth.
- Fold in Diced Jalapenos.
- Taste and adjust hot sauces to pleasant temperature.
- Garnish with cheese and cilantro leaves.
- Serve with chips or put inside a burrito or taco or on a tostada.